Effective Date: October 11, 2016 | Last Revised: October 11, 2016
Your privacy is important to Viro Media.
3. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. In fact, you must be eighteen (18) years old to use this Website or any of the Services. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Viro Media and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
· We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name and information, phone numbers, any relevant background information, credit card and billing information Website and password when you create or register an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
· If you use our Services on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
· We may retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
· If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we may collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
· When you post content (text, documents, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Website, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”). The information that you provide in your Profile will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Website.
· When you post messages on the message boards of our Website, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
· We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
· We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Website that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
· Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Website and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
· Pixel Tags. In addition, we may use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
· facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
· facilitate and process payments you make for Services that you purchase on the Website;
· identify you as a user in our system;
· provide improved administration of our Website and Services;
· provide the Services you request;
· improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website and Services;
· send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
· send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
· respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and
· make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback.
(a) Users. If we share your Personal data with other Users, it will solely be for the purpose of providing the Services.
(b) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Website; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Viro Media. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Viro Media.
(e) Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the Services, most of the Personal Data you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. In order for your Profile to be made public, you must go to your profile settings and then to profile visibility. By default, your Profile is not for public viewing. Your photos, posts, friends, and other content you post to the Website are also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Website and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put Personal Data in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Website, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
9. Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
(c) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account. You may delete your Personal Data and Account by choosing the delete option in your profile within your Account. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
10. Security of Your Personal Data.
Viro Media is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Viro Media uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Viro Media cannot guarantee its absolute security.